THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER OPERATIONAL. PLEASE ENJOY WHAT IS HERE, AND DO LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU WISH. NORTH CAROLINA'S NEW POET LAUREATE IS CATHY SMITH BOWERS. SHE WILL SOON HAVE HER OWN WEBSITE THROUGH THE NORTH CAROLINA ARTS COUNCIL SITE. I WILL BE SHIFTING MY ATTENTION TO HERE, WHERE I AM, (SEE SIDEBAR)USING IT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO WRITERS WHOSE WORK DESERVES ATTENTION. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT ME THERE.

For a video of the installation ceremony, please go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAk6fOzaNE.

HERE, WHERE I AM HAS BEEN NAMED ONE OF THE 30 BEST POETRY BLOGS.

How a Poem Happens: http://www.howapoemhappens.blogspot.com/

Go to http://www.yourdailypoem.com/, managed with finesse by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer, who says, "Our intent is to make visitors to Your Daily Poem aware of the joy and diversity of poetry."

Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas gift lists!

------------------------------------------------
Thought keeper
Bring me all your thoughts,
you thinkers.
Bring me all your brain storms,
that I can put them in a safe.
Only for you to see. -SD (Sugar Loaf Elementary School)

-----------------------------------------------

If you could have seen how many gift catalogs we lugged home from the post office this morning, you'd know that each year Christmas shopping begins earlier and earlier. Well, I have some gift suggestions that I will be sharing with you over the next few weeks. How about books? How about poetry?
Speaking of which, how about some books by Carole Boston Weatherford? She has just published a new book, Becoming Billie Holiday, but she has many others suitable for all ages. Here are some of them arranged on my bed. I will be posting more about Carole's books and other books by NC writers just waiting for you to add them to your Christmas gift list.

No comments: